Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby Steps

Today was a trying day. After spending half the day in a meeting (that went around in circles and got us NO WHERE) I had a terrible headache and was ready to hit the drive-thru. I do not think the drive-thru is the worst choice available, but I knew I was taking a day off from running, so I avoided the drive-thru and grabbed some peanuts and a diet coke. I normally do not indulge in diet drinks, but the headache won out. After drinking about half my headache was gone. It is a huge step in the right direction to only get a 12 ounce diet coke.

Normally in this situation I would have bought 2 or 3 Little Debbie cakes and a 20 ounce Coke. I didn't even consider this option. I stuck with something that was much less damaging to my Journey to weight loss.

Here is what I had to eat today:

6:20 AM Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with Reduced Fat Milk
10 AM Healthy handful of grapes
11:40 AM 2 Turkey Sandwiches and 2 small tangerines
1:10 PM Medium handful of grapes
4:10 PM Cup of peanuts one 12 OZ Diet Coke
6:15 PM 2 Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Fajitas

I drank 4 to 5 20 OZ bottles of water.

Tomorrows goal is to continue eating less than I normally do and not drinking Coke and other sugary drinks and to spend 35 minutes on the treadmill.

I am pleased with the progress of the past three days. One foot in front of the other. Success does not happen over night, at least not in the real world. And I ASSURE you I am living in the real world.

Your comments are appreciated.

Looking forward to what tomorrow has to offer.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers