Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1st Work out at the gym

I woke up this AM at 4:30. Grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. Probably should have slowed down a little bit and really thought about what I should be taking with me. I left my lunch, my deodorant and my under shirt. Thank goodness the mega SuperslowWalmart is open at all hours of the day.

I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. My right knee did not like this motion. I did not really like the machine. The stride was too short for me. I am going to check out the other machines and see if they are capable of longer strides. I worked up a pretty nice sweat. I was really wanting to quit about 5 minutes in because I was not happy with the way the machine felt. I stuck it out until I felt like I had accomplished something.

After I struggled through the elliptical machine I headed to the stationary bike. Not too shabby. I spent 30 minutes peddling around the tropical themed room. I covered a little over 8 miles on the bike in those 30 minutes. I have no idea if that is a respectable distance in that amount of time. I felt accomplished and full of energy.

My eating changes have been much easier to deal with the more and more I get into this process. I don't crave the sweets and junk food like I was at the beginning.

So far so good.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers