Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

Today was another long day. No school for my students tomorrow. Getting some extra time to work on lesson plans.
Any way. Time to move on.

I played basketball tonight. I am wore out too. Looking forward to icing down my shin. I am also going to stretch for a while as well.

I worked up a nice sweat and shot the ball very well tonight.

On the way home from playing basketball my wife asked me to stop at the grocery store. I went into the store and picked up the stuff we needed. I went to through the bakery and looked at all of the baked sweets. Looked at all of the pastries, pies, cakes, and fudge. And I did not want a single bite of any of it. I could have justified it and said my workout would have cancelled the dessert out. I looked at it a completely different way. If I would have eaten the dessert, it would have cancelled out my workout. I worked too hard to have my workout cancelled out.

Life is hard, but being dead would really suck....

Moving toward my goal one day at a time.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through Active.com and thought this post is great! Love the mindset so much, i quoted it on my blog. You have been doing GREAT! It's been fun to read your blog and see your efforts pay off. You will reach your goals if you keep this up.

    My sisters and I are also running races- committed to running a race each month this year (except july- it's too darn hot!) and have just completed our first 5k. Thanks for posting your wins & losses and keeping it real!
    denise:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers