Friday, May 21, 2010

Today has been a pretty good day. I took Trevor to his graduation practice. While he was practicing with his friends I hit up the golden arches for some breakfast burritos. It is hard to not get the standard two steak and cheese biscuits. I am doing well with it for the most part.

I have been snacking and eating later in the evening than I have been in the most recent months of my journey. I really think I am eating later in the evening because I am sleeping in and skipping breakfast. By the time the evening rolls around I am hungry and end up eating more than I intended to.

I met with the dietitian today. He was concerned that my uric acid count was high from the last time I had my blood work done. He told me I needed to be drinking more milk. Seriously? Dude, do you not know milk is gross unless it consists of ice cream or cheese. He also suggested that I switch to a LOW CARB diet. The carb heavy foods turn into insulin and cause you to be hungry again quicker than if you had protein and veggies. I am going to do my best to limit the amount of carbs and sugars I consume, especially after lunch.

I went to play basketball tonight. I had a great time. Not only did I get to hang out with some great people but I got to work out. Awesome cardio night tonight. I am getting better each week. I am looking forward to our season this winter. I am in the process of tracking down a gym that we can use to start a summer league. I am hoping to get this league rolling soon.

I am looking forward to the 5K on Saturday. I am going to try and push myself to see if I cannot break the 30 minute mark this time. Hope to see you there.

Glad I got some exercise in today.

SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers