Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brutal Honesty from a Fat Guy

At track practice today I walked a little over a mile before practice began. That is probably the only good thing I did for my body today.

I feel like the biggest jerk ever. I ate like a homeless guy at a buffet today. I had fast food (large fries and sweet tea) for lunch. I grilled some steaks for dinner and had a baked potato. I had to stop and buy the steaks and potatoes. So while I was at the store I bought some chips and salsa. On the way home I had chips and salsa. When I got home my wife informed me I forgot something. So I had to go back to the store and get the butter for the potatoes. I bought some fried pies (the ones that come 4 to a pack). I ate the whole pack on the way home. But I did wash all of it down with a Coke Zero.

Why can I not get this over eating habit kicked? In our society people will over look the bad habit of over eating as if it isn't as bad as abusing alcohol or drugs. I need to realize I need God to help me with this or I will never get fit and healthy.

Struggling through,
SHEP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers