Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Update

Friday I registered myself at www.livestrong.com so I could take advantage of the interactive calorie counter. According to the website, I am allowed 2,161 calories per day. So far so good. I have been under my calories for three days straight. I know it is not a huge win in the battle of the bulge, but it is a good step in the right direction.

The 5K did not go as planned. I was not able to run the entire race like I wanted to. My wife was not able to attend the race with us, so I had to manage the kiddos alone. The three of them started off very strong. Trevor was the first one to stop and turn around. He was close enough to the school that I let him go on his own. Riley made it just beyond the half way mark before she hitched a ride back. Ryann would run a little, then run a little. There was some type of law enforcement vehicle that followed the racers, but I couldn't just run off and leave my young kids to run alone. The weather was awful as well. I will just have to become more motivated and get out there and run on my own.

Small adjustments will lead to major changes in my health and fitness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers