Sunday, March 18, 2012

3-18-2012

Today was not the brightest day of my weight loss journey. I was facing some hard truth about some things in my non-weight loss personal life that I would rather not have to face. I was angry, upset, hurt and frustrated. I did not have time to get to the gym to work off some steam, so instead of simply going for a walk or a run (which I did have time and space for) I chose to have a sweet biscuit from a fast food chicken place with my grilled chicken salad and diet Pepsi. Several hours later I was still pissed off and feeling sorry for my self. I decided the pity party could not go on with out some candy. And what party isn't complete without a cheeseburger? To top it all off, I went home and had dinner as well. A BBQ sandwich and potato chips.

I will tell you the truth about this, I am pissed off at myself that I did not try to get my frustration out in a more helpful manner. That food did not make me feel any better about what is going on in my life, it just made me feel worse about things. I could make a list of at least 5 things that I could have done instead of eating the unhealthy foods I chose to try and fill an emotion in my life.

I am going to learn from this mistake and move on. I cannot dwell on it for long or it will make matters worse. I know that I cannot let my emotions be the driving force of why I am eating something.

SHEP

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Give yourself a break!! Two years ago you wouldn't have even noticed your destructive eating. Now you recognize them. You're improving. Honest! None of us is perfect. Just do better next time and chalk this one up to an "oopsie". We all have these days. I hope everything resolves itself soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers